Since January of this year, the Foundation for Freedom has been conducting mobile activities in Warsaw, aimed at supporting the process of integration of children and young people with experience of migration into local communities. Our educators regularly take part in classes run by Warsaw day support centres and school day centres, supporting participants from other countries as well as their Polish peers.
Long-term cooperation with selected institutions aims, among others:
- intercultural support for the staff of the institutions, children with experience of migration, and groups of regular participants;
- helping to resolve conflicts, building an atmosphere of mutual understanding and respect, promoting intercultural dialogue;
- responding to the educational needs of children with migration experience;
- diagnosing the psychological, social and legal needs of beneficiaries with migration experience.
Our mobile educators conduct educational activities, help with homework, provide children and young people with psychosocial support, and promote a culture of inclusion, diversity and cooperation.
Currently we cooperate with the following institutions:
- TPD Bielany Educational Center (Ognisko Wychowawcze TPD Bielany)
- TPD Ursynów Educational Center (Ognisko Wychowawcze TPD Ursynów)
- Family Support Center Warsaw Family “Ognisko Bielany”
- common room in Elementary School no. 366 Białołęka (świetlica szkolna SP 366 na Białołęce)
- common room in Elementary School no. 316 in Bemowo (świetlica szkolna SP 316 na Bemowie)
Project is financed within the project Comprehensive protection services and enhanced community-based protection for persons affected by the war in Ukraine and seeking refuge in Poland through Community Centers and mobile outreach activities financed from funds of UNHCR and Danish Refugee Council (nr. of agreement DRC-POL-2023-006).